....that holds you back, it’s who you think you’re not
I recently read this and it made me stop and think for a while.
Quite frequently the only thing stopping us from being who we want to be or do what we want to do is US - we have made ourselves believe that we can’t do or shouldn’t do things, but truth is we can and we should!
All this pretending to be cool with what you have, to stop you from dreaming you could be more, do more....it hurts no one but YOU. Your neighbour doesn’t care if you come back home night after night wishing your life away, you do!
Thinking you can do something and then starting to think of all the negatives and cons about it is the ultimate shape of sabotage!
We tell ourselves we are protecting us, we’re being cautious. We tell ourselves that we have responsibilities and we can’t start that new adventure because .....(insert your excuse here).
Well, I’m telling you: YOU CAN. Let's leave your limiting beliefs (that story that you tell yourself over and over again) behind and let your heart take the driving seat and lead you to places you’ve never dreamed of before.
It is scary as it is unknown but deep down you know you’ve done this before and you can do it again! You’re brave and fierce and you will get wherever you want to.
But you have to want to.
And here are some tips to get your ball rolling:
- Every morning, look at yourself in the mirror, and ask that person if she/he is happy
- Allow yourself to speak with yourself: open that internal dialogue, don’t censor yourself, speak freely, emotions running free and raw
- Ask questions: don’t just accept what is given, challenge the status quo....have I chose the life I’m living? Will I choose it again if given the choice? Am I looking forward to do what I’m about to do? Do I go to bed with a smile on my face at the end of the day? What would I do if fear / money wasn’t part of the equation?...
- Don’t take no for an answer: from anyone, but even less so from you! Whatever you’re thinking of - You can, and you will succeed!
- Look for your crowd: those you know will be with you along the way regardless of anything else. Family, friends, a coach...people who will be your cheerleaders and supporters, empower you and give you the confidence and strength needed to succeed.
Anything is possible, especially your happiness.
Love, and keep dreaming